All movies (current & past)
By New Generations
On 09, Apr 2020 | In 2020 | By New Generations
New Generations Short Film Wallah 2020 – Apply Now
From 6th to 8th November 2020 the 12th „New Generations – Independent Indian Film Festival” will bring highlights of the New Indian Cinema to the renowned Orfeos Erben cinema in Frankfurt, Germany. We are now looking for submissions for our New Generations Short Film Wallah competition.
We are now looking for submissions for our New Generations Short Film Wallah competition. The movie should be a production of Independent South Asian Cinema or with focus South Asia. A German premiere is desired. We are looking for works with their own visual language, new angles and forms. Deadline is 31 July 2020.
Awards and Prizes
Along with the short film reel we will also award the New Generations Short Film Wallah Award, a cash price of EUR 150 for the best production, which will be announced at the festival.
We call for applications that meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the competition:
– Genres: Fiction, Documentary, Narrative, Animation, Comedy and Experimental from independent productions
– Suggested topics: Anything related to topics concerning South Asia, with regard to the current situation we would like to suggest issues like new narratives for the future, challenge/opportunity, crisis/resilience, glocalization/globalization, South Asianness/multiculturalism, climate change/sustainability, the end of poverty/social inequalities.
– Production: from South Asia or from abroad, explicitly having a link to South Asian society, i.e. dealing with a South Asian topic, or with “Desis’ lives abroad”
– Production Date: preferably at most two years old
– Duration: max. 20 minutes
– Format: Digital File
– Deadline: 31 July 2020
The New Generations Short Film Wallah Award is in its sixth year now. Winners so far:
2019: Passage (Asavari Kumar)
2018: Sisak (Faraz Arif Ansari)
2017: Sanyog (Aly Rana)
2016: To my dreams (Anjana Premchand, Khalid Shah, Ankit Jain)
2015: No Love Lost (Shekar Bassi)
Rules and Terms
Please submit your film, along at least a short synopsis, two stills, director’s bio and all information that is helpful for evaluating. Please submit your film through FilmFreeway. Should you not be able to submit a digital submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every film submitted is evaluated by the New Generations Short Film Wallah Jury. Applicants will be informed by latest September about the outcome.
Accepted filmmakers agree to submit the screening copy on time and permit that short clips for promotional purposes are shown and stills are used for PR.