All movies (current & past)
By New Generations
On 09, Jun 2015 | In 2015 | By New Generations
New Generations Short Film Wallah
Freitag 30. Oktober 15, 21:00 Uhr, Frankfurt
Freitag 13. November 15, 21:30 Uhr, Cologne
The program features a wide range of international short films focusing India, exclusively German premieres. In 2015 the first New Generations Short Film Wallah Award will be granted.
A little girl copes with the loss of her mother through her relationship with a baby goat.
• Director, script: Honey Singh • India 2014 • 12:53 min. • Cast: Nimrat Kaur, Baljinder Singh Darapuri, Mamta Khanna, Nirbhay Singh, Jagdish R, Kamal Preet Singh, Jaskaran Singh, Mann Singh
An Indian Kathak Dancer Aura meets an American Tap Dancer in a waiting room for the Dance Competition.
• Director: Dingwen Mei • Script: Dingwen Mei, Uttera Singh • India 2015 • 4:30 min. • Cast: Uttera Singh, Mark Marchillo
No Love Lost
A Jewish boy nurturing a secret romance with a Muslim girl, despite the realities of their backgrounds, is unaware he is being stalked. While the young lovers struggle to be open about their relationship, the stalker’s obsession reveals a thought provoking turn culminating in the trio coming face to face. No Love Lost is an intriguing tale of love, obsession and unyielding prejudice.
• Director: Shekhar Bassi • Script: Shalinder Bassi, Shekhar Bassi • India 2013 • 18:46 min. • Cast: Mouna Albakry, Scarlett Brookes, Daniel Godward
Everything around Srinivas, a stubborn and principled man, seems to crumble: his house, his marriage, his jobs and the perspectives of his pension. But in the end he manages to get his act together.
• Director, script: Suneeth Kumar Alladi • India 2015 • 18:46 min. • Cast: Mekka Ramakrishna
Vishal, an international student, starts his first day of work at an Indian restaurant. As he familiarizes himself with performing duties unaccustomed, his conversation with his mother from the previous morning.
• Director, script: Sumit Judge • India 2015 • 9:30 min.
Joseph, a contract killer, helps his neighbour Meena, who in the heat of the moment has killed her brutal husband in self defense.
• Director, script: Pranav Harihar Sharma • India 2015 • 8:17 min. • Cast: Parull Chaudhary, Prashant Singh
Yellow is a surrealistic depiction of the life of a young boy Hari, who sells tea in the nearby bus stop. One day a balloon appears at the bus stop and his whole world lights up. In attempt to grasp the balloon, he finds himself getting lost in the mist of his broken dreams, but to determine to capture the balloon, he keeps moving through the Maya of his mind. That constantly reminds him of his bleak world. He slowly begins to realize that he is child born into slavery.
• Director, script, animation: Nishant Bahukhandi • India 2015 • 10:26 min.